- Borrow from our large collection of fiction and nonfiction books
- Access hundreds of DVDs and audio books
- Borrow e-books for your Kindle, Nook or other e-reader
- Use any library computer, without having to sign in at the front desk
- Check due dates, renew books and make purchase suggestions through the online catalog
- Use the inter-library loan system to get books from other libraries that we do not have in our collection
- Gale Electronic Databases
FCPL provides other community services as well:
- Public Internet/WiFi Access
- Exciting Events and Programs
- Black and white printing: $0.10 cents a page; color printing: $0.50 cents a page
- Laminating service: $0.50 for cards; $1.00 for full sheet
- Community and meeting rooms: free for community and nonprofit use. Arrangements must be made in advance and are subject to availability
- Scan and email documents for free
- Fax Service: $1.00 per page incoming and outgoing
- Free assistance in applying for jobs and benefits
- Reading Guidance
New Library Card: Franklin County residents is free. Requirement is proof of residence (e.g. a driver’s license, photo ID card, Passport with photo). If the address shown on the driver’s license is not current, we require a second form of proof of address (utility bill, cable bill, any first class piece of mail).
Minors under the age of 18 can obtain a library card with a consenting parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian must have an active in good standing library card. The minor’s card will be attached for relationship purposes; the adult is responsible for all cards (late fees, lost books, etc.).
Non-Resident Library Card: A non-resident staying in Franklin County can purchase a library card for $10 but you must register in person. Photo identification is required to receive your library card. This card is renewable annually.
Replacement Library Cards will cost $1.00.